Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GMAT is Tomorrow

So the GMAT is tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. I have worked and prayed my butt off to get a good score, and I have tried reeeeally reeeeally hard to be good so God won't say "you don't deserve my help". What else can I do, right? I am doing some light review today but not delving too deep into the books. My mind needs to relax so I don't overdo it tomorrow. Tamara and I are going to the Temple tonight, and I can't think of anything that would clear my mind better than that.

I went to an information session at the University of Utah last night and it was very enlightening. It is a good program with a lot to offer its students and alumni, far more than the program at UVU (which my Dad is, understandably, trying so hard to talk me into taking -- both he and my Mom work there). I got to chat for a few minutes with the director of admissions which definitely ought to give me an advantage of some kind. He remembered my application (out of hundreds) and asked me to call him after I take the GMAT and tell him what my score was. That would suggest to me that my application really stood out except for that stupid GMAT score I got the first time. So it looks like all the pieces are falling into place. Everything hinges on how well I do tomorrow, and I don't know what more I could do to prepare for tomorrow than I have already done. One more thing, if I get 50th percentile in the math portion of the test, I won't have to retake College Algebra (my current transcript grade is too low). I'll still have to re-take Business Statistics, and that is going to suck, but at least I won't have to take that College Algebra class... I feel encouraged and optimistic right now that everything is going to work out. Things have not been going much my way for the past year. Finally something promising seems to be going my way and I'm fired up to make it happen! Wish me luck!! Or a prayer might work better...

2 comments:

Em said...

Good luck!

Amberly said...

You'll be awesome. I think all that hard work is definitely going to pay off.